Free Safety Check Carlisle
It’s obviously to keep yourself, your family and your car safe on the road, this is why here at Thompson’s Service Centre we offer you a completely FREE 15 point safety check.
Winter or summer, new car or used car – safety problems can arise with little warning. So whether you’ve recently just bought a used vehicle or you’ve heard a worrying sound coming from the engine when driving, let our ATA-trained technicians at Thompson Service Centre put your mind at rest.
Our comprehensive vehicle safety check covers lights, brakes, wheel bearings, tyre pressure and other crucial safety points.
Our expert technicians look at 15 safety points to keep you protected on the road. Please find our full safety checklist below:
- Are horns and lights working correctly?
- Are brake drums, discs and pads corroded, scored or distorted?
- Are the brake hydraulic system, hoses and pipes free of corrosion, chafing and leaks?
- Do the wheel callipers/cylinders work properly? Are they leaking?
- Does the brake servo work correctly?
- Is the ABS warning light displaying?
- Are handbrake linkages in good condition?
- Do wheel bearings need replacing?
- Are tyres in good condition? Is the pressure correct?
- Have shock absorbers weakened?
- Are there signs of wear, leaks or corrosion on the steering and suspension components?
- Do the gearbox and clutch work correctly?
- Are propshaft/drive shaft gaiters and joints secured?
- Is the exhaust system secure and leak-free? Is it making a noise